PDA

View Full Version : O/T ? I am going to sell a set............

Archive
03-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Posted By: <b>scott ingold</b><p>Okay 1952 bowman. Do i go ebay ? or an auction house. My ebay id has 250+ positive fdbk. I have thought about doing the individual thing but really don't want a bunch of 10 and 15.00 sales. Has anyone sold postwar sets this way ? How did you do ?<br /><br />I know it is a bit late for most of our tastes but i really would like some thoughts on this.

Archive
03-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>First of all, more information is needed. Is it all graded, all raw or somewhere in between? How are the key cards? Do you have a minmum you need to get? How fast do you need your money, etc., etc.<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
03-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Henry Eshelman</b><p>I would say split it into 2 lots on Ebay. One group of the key cards and one group with the completed set minus the key cards. You could even sell the key cards individually.<br><br>Thanks, Henry Eshelman<br /><br />Website:www.freewebs.com/vintagebaseball

Archive
03-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Posted By: <b>scott ingold</b><p>Sorry, The set averages 5 - 7 over about 85% of the set. Key cards such as Mays and Musial are 5's with others like Campy and some lesser HOF'S coming in at 7's. The high #'s are mostly 6 and 7 with a few 7.5's and 8's for good measure. The mantle is not there as well as 2 commons. I believe from memory that all but about 30 cards are graded by Gai Psa and Sgc.

Archive
03-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>Scott -- There is definitely value in a graded "near set" on eBay. I have sold complete and near complete graded sets on eBay before. The upside is that I am not out 20-30% for BP and SP for an auction house and I get paid right away. Scans of key cards and a complete list of all cards is key. Pay the extra 40 cents for a 10-day auction. If you have a price in mind, it is cheaper to do a fixed price auction with a BIN price. Listing with a reserve definitely costs more if you don't sell it under the new rules for the last year or two. Finally, take PayPal and you will get more bidders.<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
03-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>i just listed two 1960's sets tonite. i used the minimun amount i would take as the opening bid. i used the picture pack for an xtra dollar and buy it now for an additional 25 cents.pictured all the stars. i have sold many post war sets this way and recieved good results. i have also broke sets and found it time consuming and the costs add up listing singles. it cost me about $6.50 to list this way and is much easier than multiple listing.of course ebay will get a % when they sell.

Archive
03-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Posted By: <b>scott ingold</b><p>Thank you David.

Archive
03-13-2006, 05:45 AM
Posted By: <b>andy becker</b><p>scott,<br /><br />you really need to have a value in mind. <br /><br />then....there are enough collectors here that you can try the bst.<br /><br />...or, i would leave the set intact and try ebay with a high opening bid. reserves just never seem to work for me.<br />