PDA

View Full Version : Mastro shipping

Archive
03-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Keith O'Leary</b><p><P>Just received this email from Mastro. Wonder what happened?</P><P> </P><FONT size=2><P></P><P>Dear Keith (John),</P><P> </P><P>Mastro Auctions will no longer utilize the U.S. Post Office for delivery of auction merchandise due to concerns about reliability of service and security. All items will now be shipped UPS or Fedex. Winning bidders must have a street address and phone number on file, or provide these to us prior to shipment, in order to receive their merchandise. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. You can check to make sure your information is current and update it if necessary, by logging on to the Mastro Auctions web site and clicking the Account button at the top of the page.</P><P>Thank You</P><P>Mastro Auctions</P><P> </P><P> </P></FONT>

Archive
03-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave Rosen</b><p><a href="http://www.fedex.com/us/services/terms/popup_tc_us_body.html" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.fedex.com/us/services/terms/popup_tc_us_body.html</a><br /><br />FedEx only provides $500 for Sports Cards! I expect UPS to offer nearly identical terms.<br /><br />FedEx Declared Value and Limits of Liability (Not Insurance Coverage) Section F - 13:<br /><br />Collector's items such as sports cards, souvenirs and memorabilia. (Collector's coins and stamps may not be shipped. See the Prohibited Items section.)

Archive
03-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>I sent an e-mail to dallen@mastronet.com expressing my concern about both UPS and FedEx as well as expressing my complete trust in USPS Registered (lock-box) mail.<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
03-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Peter Thomas</b><p>I would guess that they have purchased a blanket policy that will cover any losses under their shiping. Registered insured mail is very safe, but when you are sending $50,000,000 +/- per year it would be very expensive.

Archive
03-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>As long as they, or anyone, guarantees safe delivery then I don't care if they send it by pony express.... Personally I send a lot by the USPS but I am not a fan of theirs and would prefer UPS or Fedex (not Fedex ground as I think it sucks)...... No one should have worries about safe delivery from any reputable auction house, especially Mastronet.....best regards

Archive
03-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>They are not Mastronet anymore- it's Mastro Auctions (and they don't pay me for the free publicity).