PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead - National

Archive
02-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Posted By: <b>Glen V</b><p>Unfortunately the MLB schedule doesn't coincide with the National too well. The Angels and Padres are on road trips that whole week. That leaves the Dodgers, who have Thursday off. They have a 12 o'clock day game Wed. The game should end around 3/3:30, so one could head to the convention center afterwards (with traffic one could probably make it by midnight.) That leaves the Fri. night game against the Nationals (coincidence?), unless you skip a day of the card show for one of the 12:10 games on Sat. or Sun. <br /><br />Regular season tickets go on sale next weekend (3/4). How hard are Dodger tickets to get? Which night will the Net54 forum dinner be on? Any tips on LA - where to stay, places to eat, what the family can do (besides dealing with the summer heat in 2 hour Disneyland lines), etc.?<br><br>.

Archive
02-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>I live in LA and will have a booth at the National this year. One thing that is certain you do not want to go to a Dodger game on Friday and try to get back to Anaheim at 3 or 4 in the afternoon, you would be able to fly to NY in a shorter time. You should go to a weekend game and the trip back and forth won't be nearly as bad. Family fun besides Disney and the nearby area, you might want to think about going down to San Diego for the zoo, Shamu or lego land. It is a short trip from there and should be a few degrees cooler. As far as lodging and dining in Anaheim I don't know much, if anyone is stay in LA then I will gladly help them out.

Archive
02-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Glen V</b><p>So, are tickets to Dodger games hard to get? Tickets go on sale Saturday. Do I need to buy them right away, or can I walk up the day of the game?<br /><br />Also, the Friday night game would be the best for me. But is that going to be the night of the Net54 dinner? Don't want to have to choose between the two...

Archive
02-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Posted By: <b>ernest reyes</b><p>Dodgers tickets should be east to get. The Nationals are not that big of a draw so you should be able to get tickets at the stadium before the game. But, it is also a weekend game and if there are any promotions that weekend it could sell out. I would suggest getting tickets ahead of time for "peace of mind." There is no rush though.... you could probably procrastinate until well into the baseball season.<br /><br />Now for a place to stay Anaheim has plenty of hotels to service both Disneyland and the convention center. If you don't want to stay near Disneyland then I would suggest staying near the coast. Newport Beach, Costa Mesa, Hungtington Beach

Archive
02-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>No definite plans yet but will probably be on Thursday.....

Archive
02-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>I know schedules for the National probably are set up before the baseball schedules are released but it is very irritating, not to mention disappointing, to plan a vacation to a National and there not be any baseball games to watch. It may not be such a big deal to a lot of you who are in close proximity to MLB parks, but to those of us from Podunkville, it's a big deal. I remember in 1995 going to St. Louis and being shocked that the Cards were on the road that week. <br />It seems like things could be coordinated better...

Archive
02-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>If you stay out towards the coast you will be sorry. Traffic in OC is worse than anywhere in SoCal. They call rush hour the "Orange Crush". It is a miserable experience to drive anywhere from 7:00-10:00 a.m. and 4:00-7:00 p.m. I stayed in Costa Mesa for a series of depositions two years ago and went to meet my family in Disneyland afterwards for the evening. Took me 45 minutes to get there and I know the area well enough to take the fastest back routes. If you are coming from elsewhere, why complicate your stay? Plus, you miss all the fun stuff after the show if you have to scurry across town to sleep.

Archive
02-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Posted By: <b>Peter Thomas</b><p>How far is LAX in time and distance from Convention Center? We are thinking about going, but the 5 -6 hour flight and Calif. traffic are deterrents. If we come I do not think we would want to rent a car.

Archive
02-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Posted By: <b>ernest reyes</b><p>On a good day it could take an hour to get from LAX to Anaheim. I guess I've gotten so use to the traffic out here I get kind of oblivious to how bad the traffic really is. I wouldn't be surprised if the Anaheim hotels provide free shuttle service from the airport to their hotel. You should try flying into Long Beach (Jet Blue) or John Wayne Airport. Those two are great alternatives to LAX and would place you much closer to Anaheim.

Archive
02-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>Airfares to Long Beach and John Wayne may be a bit higher than to LAX. You'd have to check but that's the general rule of thumb.