PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Caporal Question

Archive
02-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim Hamernik</b><p>Hello.<br />I have a dumb question about T206 Sweet Caporal backs. Most of these backs I have seen are red in color. I have a Crawford card that has a Sweet Cap 350-460 back but it is printed in a blue color that is similar to the Piedmont backs. It does not have a factory designation. Is this a normal coloration? Please excuse me for the question but I am rather inexperienced at these cards.<br />Thanks!<br />Jim

Archive
02-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve Dawson</b><p>It's undoubtedly a reprint, since every T206 Sweet Caporal back is printed in red ink.<br /><br /><br />Steve<br />

Archive
02-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>It is a modern reprint, sorry. They are seen alot on eBay.

Archive
02-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim Hamernik</b><p>Thanks! I kind of had a feeling it was a reprint but I wanted to get your opinions. It is funny why someone would make a reprint but print the back in a different color. I got this card a few years back and always questioned it. <br /><br />Jim

Archive
02-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>I think the reprinter wanted there to be no doubt that the cards were reprints, hence the differing color. I have some reprints of T206, and all of the back colors are off.