PDA

View Full Version : Another eBay SNAFU

Archive
02-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>So last week, I placed an initial bid on a certain card, in order to get it on my "My eBay" page. The auction was to end tonight. So I stayed up for a little last minute action/sniping, only to find out that eBay was conducting its "routine maintenance." As such, I was not able to view my "My eBay" page and the item itself, although it showed up on a search, was unable to be opened itself.<br /><br />So, whoever bid on it earlier this evening won. <br /><br />I would imagine the seller isn't too pleased either.

Archive
02-24-2006, 05:14 AM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>Two words: "sniping service"<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
02-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason</b><p>I think it's funny.

Archive
02-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>sniping service wouldn't have done any good since access to auction pages were cut off late last night. If you can't access the page to place a bid, a sniping service won't either.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
02-24-2006, 09:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Tim Newcomb</b><p>the snipe would have been placed well beforehand-- I usually put in my snipes 24-48 hours ahead of time.<br /><br />Tim<br /><br />PS: Jay, please take me off your "new favorite photo" list. Thanks.

Archive
02-24-2006, 09:08 AM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Yeah, hilarious. Whatever.<br /><br />As for snipes, doesn't the sniping service log in at the last second? I know that your bid to the sniper is put in beforehand, but they need to log in last-minute as well. Maybe I'm wrong, but nonetheless it's a good service, though I've never used it.

Archive
02-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I said the same thing.....

Archive
02-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Great minds think alike!