PDA

View Full Version : T206 backs...which is better?

Archive
02-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>From an investment point of view, is it better to own a PSA 4 with a common back (Piedmont/Sweet Cap) or a PSA 3 of the same player with an uncommon back (i.e., cycle, sovereign, etc...)? I am just starting out collecting T206's and I wouls appreciate hearing people's opinion on this. Thanks.<br /><br />Mike

Archive
02-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>In my experience tracking auctions cycle and soveriegn are not rare backs and basically bring the same dollars as piedmonts or sweet caporal. THe dollars only rise higher when you are dealing with backs like, UZit, Drum, Broadleaf, Lennox, Carolina Brights, Hindu and of course Ty Cobb.

Archive
02-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>I agree but still believe the cycle 460 has a bit of rarity to it.<br /><br />best<br /><br />barry

Archive
02-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>I agree with Barry. Polar Bear, Cycle, Old Mill, and Soveriegn may sell a little quicker, but probably not for more money. When I was putting my set together I tried to get as much back diversity as possible and at least one of each brand back. I think it looks cooler in the notebook when they are not all Piedmont and Sweet Cap. So I would look for PBs, ABs,Old Mills, Cycles, etc., but would not pay a premium for those. I think EPDG and Brown Hindus bring a modest premium. Carolina Brights and Broadleaf are slightly tougher. It is not until you get to the red Hindus, Uzit, and Drum (and of course Ty Cobb) that the premiums really skyrocket. This is all without mention of series, factory, district, etc.<br />JimB

Archive
02-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I have to disagree with the assumption that Cycle and American Beauty backs do not command premiums. The 350 series in both command at least a 50% premium and the 460 are 100% premiums. If anyone thinks that they are the same as Polar Bear, Old Mill or Soveriegn I will gladly trade them even up for your Cycle or American Beauty backs.<br /> <br />The premiums for Cycle, American Beauty, and other difficult backs have gone up increasingly in the last 6 months, especially for the HOFers. A couple of years ago there was very little premium for HOFers with tougher backs.<br /><br />As pointed out earlier I also don't think there would be much difference in buying what you asked. Find a niche and go for it.<br /><br />Lee

Archive
02-24-2006, 03:42 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Thanks for the input everyone. I am trying to find my niche right now and I think I will try and buy as many different backs as possible...the only thing I'm missing now is $$$$...<br /><br />Mike