PDA

View Full Version : ebay Yeunglings Frisch issue

Archive
02-22-2006, 07:37 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Hey folks,<br />I don't post too many of these but feel the need to alert folks to this one. I bought this card a few weeks ago as it is/was (still) listed as vg-ex. I did the BIN as I didn't see any issue. I got the card and the back was completely torn off. You can't read even 1 letter, and it's not a blank back originally. Fortunately the seller already left me a positive feedback. I told them that I thought it was misleading putting (vg-ex) and they gave me some crap about asking questions. I said that if it was close to what they advertised there wouldn't have been a question, and since it was a BIN, I wanted to nab it quickly. I had to threaten a negative to get them to take it back....now they are saying they can't paypal me the money for some stupid reason....at any rate this card is definitely not as advertised...best regards<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/1928-Yuenglings-Frank-Frisch-Vintage-Baseball-Card_W0QQitemZ8769989202QQcategoryZ31719QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem" target="_new">http://cgi.ebay.com/1928-Yuenglings-Frank-Frisch-Vintage-Baseball-Card_W0QQitemZ8769989202QQcategoryZ31719QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem</a>

Archive
02-22-2006, 07:58 AM
Posted By: <b>pete</b><p>also, doesnt paypal offer a money back guarantee for "non satisfied" transactions?

Archive
02-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>Thanks for the heads-up. I had already e-mailed the seller about the back condition as the BIN price was very reasonable based upon the front.<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
02-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Leon, thanks for the info. I was thinking about bidding on it, but not now.

Archive
02-22-2006, 09:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>Paypal does not offer anything for "not satisfied." They only offer a guarantee for "not received." So, if you receive an empty box, as far a paypal is concerned, the transaction is complete. I've had this happen to me.<br /><br />

Archive
02-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>This is not true. You can file a claim that the item was not as decribed and you will get your money back. This happened to me. The so called investigation was a joke. They asked me nothing at all about the situation and refunded the guy's money without asking me anything. Leon may want to look into this option seems it should work with little trouble on his part<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
02-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I may try other avenues but they said they would send a check to me. I will wait a week and see.....they really weren't very nice sellers and obviously don't care about this exact same thing happening again. This is what makes ebay have pitfalls (and this one is not ebays fault)....regards

Archive
02-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Just make sure they don't pull the heel dragging stunt and keep leading you past the time limit to file a claim. If they are sleezy enough to relist it the same way again, they are more than likely going to try and lead you long enough so that you cannot file a claim with PayPal.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
02-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>Jay,<br /><br />Are you saying that you were the seller and Paypal took money from your account even after you provided a proof of delivery?<br /><br />

Archive
02-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Posted By: <b>Martin Neal</b><p> I just refunded someone through Paypal for the first time. The buyer actually told me how to do it. It was very simple. Your seller should not have had a problem with the refund.

Archive
02-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Richard, that is correct. The package was totaly destroyed by the post office. The buyer didn't pay for insurance. He filed a claim with PayPal claiming that the item I sold him was not as described. PayPal claimed to have done an investigation, which didn't involve contacting me at all other than a form email giving options that were all favorable to the complantant. They refunded his money, including shipping, which really pissed me off. Because of this incident, I now require all buyers to pay for insurance if they are paying thru PayPal. This only applies to my eBay business, not card sales to board members.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
02-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>Got it Jay. When the package was totally destroyed by the post office, I am assuming that he did not take possession of the package? It was probably kept by the PO for a claim? If that is the case, then Paypal's stance would be that the package was not delivered. I think that even if they would have contacted you for an explanation, it would not have mattered. Even if the post office loses the package, the seller is responsible in Paypal's eyes.<br /><br />This is why Paypal sucks. <br /><br />Consider this: I bought a 3k card a while back. I paid through paypal using my credit card. The seller fedexed the package overnight. When I opened the box, it was empty. I filed a claim with Paypal, spoke with several of their customer service people, their managers and their managers' managers. Their stance, every time, was that the tracking number that the seller provided shows that the package was delivered so their hands are tied.<br /><br />Paypal ignored the seller's lack of feedback, recent negatives (which were added in a few short days), current open complaints about him through ebay and paypal, my 1500+ positive feedback, and refused to pursue getting my money back. Paypal did nothing for me. My credit card company did.<br /><br />Paypal is wonderful.

Archive
02-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Elliot</b><p>Clearly this guy is an A1 seller....his response to my request for a scan of the back...."the back of the card is blank". I guess that's technically correct, huh Leon?<br />

Archive
02-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>He just e-mailed me with this response:<br /><br /><i>the back of the card appears to have paper lines paper on the back of it<br /></i><br /><br />Whatever that means . . .<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
02-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>The sad thing is that eBay owns PayPal. Clearly eBay has no intention of making sure that its good "members" are protected.<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
02-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>The seller paypal'd me this evening....

Archive
02-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Richard, the buyer recieved the item, as I used delivery confirmation and showed as delivered. The buyer is also the person that sent the item back to me, so had to take possesion. I knew that PayPal's policy was they you could send a brick if they bought a diamond and they wouldn't care, so I was shocked when they ruled against me. If they had actually investedgated, they would have realized that the guy was using PayPal as his postal insurance instead of paying for the actual insurance. I did everything possible to make sure it got there safely, but you can't prevent accidents when a 3rd party has control of your item.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
02-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I just got an email back from the seller asking him about the back and he told me that I and everyone else on this board need to mind our own business and leave him alone, lol.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
02-23-2006, 06:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Sean</b><p>"the back of the card appears to have lined paper on the back and the back appears blank"<br /><br />

Archive
02-23-2006, 09:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>Jay - I am shocked at what happened to you. Paypal screwed me a little more than a year ago, so maybe their policies have changed since then. Maybe the dollar amount that has to be refunded affects their judgement. Who knows. Sounds like, at the very best, they are inconsistent with how they deal with these matters.<br /><br />

Archive
02-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Gary Nuchereno</b><p>Just a note about a bad experience I had with paypal. Six weeks after sending<br />out about 600.00 worth of cards I was informed by paypal that my account was being charged 600.00 plus a paypal fee(I thinj it was 15.00) as the person who<br />bought the cards had used a stolen credit card to set up his paypal acct. As a <br />consequence I no longer accept paypal on expensive items. I really felt like I<br />got screwed big time. Hopefully paypal has put in some kind of checks as this<br />happened over a year ago.