PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ray finkle and a clean pair of shorts..oj question

Archive
02-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Posted By: <b>bigfish</b><p>I was wondering what people thought about graded old judges. Seems like the graders are having a hard time figuring out how to grade these. Anyone thoughts

Archive
02-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>I have about 10 graded by SGC, 1 graded by PSA. Psa is not as tough when grading. I also have 1 OJ sent back from SGC with the note "Does not meet size requirements". I measure and compare to the other OJ's graded by SGC and it is not smaller. Don't get it. <br /><br />Joe

Archive
02-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>OJ grading isn't exactly something that the grading services have standardized nor have they figured out that the image is the most important attribute of the card. I've seen very faint cards given high grades because the back is clean and the corners are sharp. I've seen cards graded "2" that I'd take over some of the "5's" that I've seen.<br /><br />Also, size requirements? Holy crap, those things are all over the place in size. Yes, there are some dimensions that should probably set as minimum but I've seen cards that are larger than already graded cards sent back because they don't meet some minimum card size requirement.<br /><br />I like the way the cards look in SGC and GAI holders, the black background really makes them look good.

Archive
02-15-2006, 05:58 AM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>Laces out, Dan!<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com