PDA

View Full Version : Passing of Keith Mitchell

Archive
02-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>I was saddened today to learn of the passing of hobby great Keith Mitchell on January 27 after a long battle with cancer. Keith was a key contributor to the original study of Old Judge cards. In all my time in the hobby I have never met anyone more knowledgeable about the set or more willing to share his time and knowledge. For any of you that were lucky enough to know Keith online condolences can be left at www.McGinnis-Chambers.com. God rest his soul.

Archive
02-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe_G.</b><p>Sad indeed, beautiful memorial Jay. First heard of Keith long ago but never had the good fortune to converse with him.<br /><br />Deepest Sympathy,<br />Joe Gonsowski

Archive
02-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Only met him once. He part of the old school St Louis crew I met back in the early 80s. The book he did with Roger Erber is one of the main reason I go into vintage cards in 1980. I knew he had not been in good the past few years. His presence and knowledge will be missed.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.