PDA

View Full Version : Topps T206 Buybacks

Archive
02-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard Dwyer</b><p>I would like some background info on the buyback cards. How many were distributed? What grades they were, etc. Were HOF'ers distributed?

Archive
02-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Henry Eshelman</b><p>Dont know how many were distributed. Most of them look to me about Gd- VGEX. and yes HOFers were distributed.<br><br>Thanks, Henry Eshelman<br /><br />Website:www.freewebs.com/vintagebaseball

Archive
02-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>I saw a group of a couple hundred of them in December. They were mostly in the gd to vg/ex range. There were definately HOFs. I believe they were chase cards inserted in packs. I don't remember the exact number, but I think it was like 1 per box or 1 per 100 packs or something like that.<br />JimB

Archive
02-06-2006, 02:33 AM
Posted By: <b>Martin Neal</b><p> Topps 206 were issued in three series. I think I remember the first series having around 4000 t206s inserted at a rate of two per case. There were 10 boxes per case. I am not sure about series two and I have heard that the distribution of original t206s in series three was a lot thinner.

Archive
02-06-2006, 05:36 AM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>Topps originally said they purchased more than 4400 t206 cards. The actual number of t206s is a little bit lower because ive seen many t205s mislabeled as t206s in the buybacks and ive even seen a couple t207s in the mix too.They inserted one Demmitt and O'hara in the later series packs,and many hall of famers were included.There are some people who tried(or still are trying) to put together a set with just buybacks but it would be close to impossible because theres not many southern leaguers among the buybacks and some people have broke the cards out of the buyback holder.<br /><br />So basically the number of t206s still in buyback holders is probably about 1000 less than they originally claimed by now.Thats just a guesstimate