PDA

View Full Version : Jewish Baseball Players social project

Archive
02-03-2006, 07:06 AM
Posted By: <b>Alan</b><p>My apologies if this is off-topic, somewhat. The Jewish baseball players card sets (produced by the AJHS) & the "Jewish Athlete in America" portion of the last Mastro auction got me interested in researching Jewish baseball players from all years, but I would like to concentrate on pre-1980 players. <br /><br />I am looking for copies of any articles from books, magazine articles, internet, etc,... that deals more with the social & cultural significance for Jewish baseball players rather than the usual statistics, cards, card listings, auction results, etc,.... The Jewish Major Leaguers group, www.jewishmajorleaguers.org was supposed to do an oral history project about this, but never have done so thus far. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.<br /><br />Alan<br />Jewish Sports collector/resercher/archivist<br />jewishathletes@yahoo.com

Archive
02-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>You may want to get a copy of "Ellis Island to Ebbets Field" by Peter Levine. It's subtitle is "Sport and the American Jewish Experience" and covers baseball, boxing, basketball, etc. An interesting book to get a feel for the early 1900's to present. Hope it helps.