PDA

View Full Version : Auction ending on SuperBowl Sunday

Archive
02-03-2006, 04:41 AM
Posted By: <b>Damian</b><p>Without thinking I listed an auction for a significant card that will end on SuperBowl Sunday. The auction ends prior to kickoff. Anyone have any thoughts on how much of a negative affect this will have on the auction outcome? Will anyone here be hunting for bargains on Sunday, and if so maybe will that help? I am considering pulling the auction. As always opinions are appreciated.<br /><br />Damian

Archive
02-03-2006, 04:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Chad</b><p>People will just set snipes.<br /><br />--Chad

Archive
02-03-2006, 05:41 AM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>Auctions ending on holidays usually do just as good because alot of people have the same idea that no one else will be on ebay that day.Like he just mentioned snipes will be set and other people will break away real quick to check auctions theyve been watching,or place higher bids than they normally would if they were going to be home and dont use a snipe service.Ive tried in the past to bargain hunt on holidays and only once did i find something cheap but that was a buy it now auction

Archive
02-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I once went to buy a car on Superbowl Sunday (I hate football) because I figured that the dealership would be deserted. Surprise, lots of people went to buy cars during the game.

Archive
02-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Posted By: <b>martin dalziel</b><p>i've got some items tagged for last minute bidding (i snipe personally, not via services) that end on Sunday. The game won't detract me from bidding on those things i want. I think many other people will do the same thing.

Archive
02-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Charlie O'Neal</b><p>If the auctions are ending during the pregame I would think that they would do fine. Why in the world do they have to have a 4 hour pregame show anyways. You would think that people would get tired of them saying the same old thing. I'll be ebayin it up until the start of the game, don't want to miss any of the commercials especially the godaddy.com commercial.