PDA

View Full Version : T205 backs

Archive
01-31-2006, 02:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike Ernst</b><p>I just ran across my letter from Rich Egan in 1974 indicating that the Hindu-backed T205 card I had was the first ever reported. I'm sure there are many more by now. My question is, in the light of Scot Reader's work on T206 and subsequent T206 posts---how would you rate the T205 backs in order of scarcity?

Archive
01-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>If you use the search function, you should be able to find your answer.<br /><br />Hindu and Drum are by far the toughest. Don't have a real clue after that what is the next toughest.<br /><br />Jayy<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
02-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Posted By: <b>Glen V</b><p>Next to impossible: Hindu, Drum<br />Tough: Broadleaf<br />Easy: Everything else (I'm sure some expert can rank these, but I don't think there's enough difference to care, although Amer. Beauty might be a little harder than the others.)<br><br>.

Archive
02-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>This indeed has been covered before...<br /><br />In order of scarcity:<br />Drum<br />Hindu<br />Broadleaf (brown and black are about the same)<br />Piedmont Fact. 42<br />America Beauty (green and black are about the same)<br />Cycle<br />Sovereign<br />Honest Long Cut<br />Hassan Fact. 30<br />Hassan Fact. 649<br />Sweet Cap. Black Fact. 42<br />Sweet Cap. Black Fact. 25<br />Sweet Cap. Red<br />Polar Bear<br />Piedmont fact. 25<br /><br />The Polar bear and Sweet Cap backs are virtually identical in scarcity...<br /><br />Joshua<br />

Archive
02-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Kyle</b><p>Does a similar list exist for T206? That T205 list is a great resource.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Kyle

Archive
02-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>Kyle,<br />You can look at Scot Reader's new book or www.t206museum.com.<br />JimB

Archive
02-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Kyle</b><p>Thank you Jim! Much appreciated.

Archive
02-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Jerry</b><p>I have found Polar Bear to be tougher than you have listed. I would put it between Honest and Hassan Factory 30.

Archive
02-03-2006, 12:21 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Polar Bear is pretty common. A chunk of t205s were mostly HLC and ABs. The HLCs came mostly from packs and the ABs were just random luck. I didn't pursue them. I just happened buy a lot of them.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.