PDA

View Full Version : M101-2's... and other vintage cabinets/supplements

Archive
01-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Posted By: <b>s falletti</b><p>How do you kids get these authenticated? I wouldn't think they would be gradeable. What is a safe way (UV prot. frames?) to display. Open to any suggestions. tia

Archive
01-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>I have one (grover alexander) slabbed by gai - it looks terrible. <br /><br />The others I have framed and matted behind uv glass and ph neutral matting. I can email you a scan if you would like or if you search the previous threads on the same subject, Ive posted scans which should still be up.

Archive
01-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Posted By: <b>s falletti</b><p>Hey Josh. I would like to see that slab and framed photo please. I have a T201 that GAI had done in one of those Walmart type packages -not to flattering.<br /><br />edit; I found your pictures -very nice! Would you have a full shot of the slabbed photo?<br />

Archive
01-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>Hey Steve,<br /><br />Unfortunately I do not have a full shot of the slabbed M101-2 - too big for my scanner. It suffices to say that it probably looks no better than your t201. Im sure it is the same type of slab. Glad you found the scans of the framed m101s - I personally think a nice frame is a great way to display them - in fact, I will likely be breaking the alexander out from the slab and framing it. They make for great decor in a home office.

Archive
01-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Posted By: <b>s falletti</b><p>Does any one know if the m101-2 's were cut out of the newspaper on all four sides? <br />Thought some of the big card collectors might enjoy this site; <a href="http://www.deliafamily.net/BBCI/Control/ShowTN.php?&set=M101-2&page=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.deliafamily.net/BBCI/Control/ShowTN.php?&set=M101-2&page=1</a>

Archive
01-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>I do not believe that they were cut outs - everyone I have seen has been very uniform in size. I believe that they were inserts and were loosely inserted into each issue.