PDA

View Full Version : jim stinson

Archive
01-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Posted By: <b>mpduq</b><p>does anyone know of jim stinson's reputation when it comes to autographs?

Archive
01-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Sean Coe</b><p>I have never bought anything from him but he has an excellent reputation.

Archive
01-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>I haven't dealt with him personally, but have also heard good things about him as an autograph dealer. I know that he was hired as an autograph expert by PSA/DNA a number of years ago, though doesn't work there anymore.

Archive
01-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Posted By: <b>DJ</b><p>I have had a number of dealings with Jim and I would put him in the Top Five dealers that I most enjoy dealing with and whom I trust. <br /><br />DJ<br /><br />edited to say: He sends out an e-mail once a week with new items and it's basically all turn of the century toughies of late. He's also selling on eBay as stinson-sports.

Archive
01-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhys</b><p>I deal heavily in vintage autographs and have both bought from/ and sold to Jim. He knows more than anyone I have ever met about vintage autographs and is really nice as well. There is probably not a better vintage autograph guy to buy from in the hobby.<br /><br />Rhys

Archive
01-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark Rios</b><p>One of the few that "know their stuff" -<br />along with Averitt, Corcoran & Gutierrez.<br /><br />A bit on the high side - but you get what you pay for.<br /><br />Hope the info helps on future purchases.<br /><br /><br />Mark

Archive
01-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Ceresi</b><p>Years ago I bought a very nice single signed Rabbit Maranville baseball from Jim that once belonged to Al Lopez. Neat item. I really liked Jim.<br /><br />Someone mentioned their favorite autograph dealers. Although I do not buy autographs much anymore, I always enjoyed doing business with my friend Kevin Keating. Very honest fellow!<br /><br />Frank Ceresi

Archive
01-29-2006, 06:44 AM
Posted By: <b>Richard Simon</b><p>Jim is one of the dealers I would recommend when asked for good dealers.<br /><br />---<br><br>I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.<br />Unknown author <br />--<br />We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.<br />No retreat baby, no surrender.<br />The Boss