PDA

View Full Version : Gems from 'INSIDE T206'

Archive
01-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>I haven't been able to put down Scot's 'Inside T206';<br />it's absolutely top drawer.<br /><br />The book is full of gems---<br />i could list scores of them.<br /><br />for now, i have to underscore Scot's insight into what captures all of us when it comes to the 206's:<br /><br />'the set's intoxicating blend of our beloved National<br />pastime with nostalgic sentiments,attractive artwork, investment potential and the thrill of the hunt.'<br /><br />wow!<br />thanks Scot.<br /><br />barry

Archive
01-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Joann</b><p>OK, now I have to think about getting it. I had no idea it would be so poetic! lol. I was thinking more of a technical approach. But I am a sucker for that kind of expansive, idealistic, poetic description. Same reason I like Ken Burn's Baseball so much... Gotta go find the thread about that t206 publication.<br /><br />Joann

Archive
01-25-2006, 07:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>As an avid T206 collector for 25 years, who has "completed" two<br />T206 sets, I highly endorse Scot Reader's 74 - page book.<br /><br />Upon receiving the "electronic" text, I printed it onto real pages<br />and I read through it without stopping, it is well researched and<br /> provides tremendous insight into the production of these cards we<br /> love so much. In addition, it updates all previous information re-<br />corded on these cards; which as Scot so aptly noted, is an ongoing<br />mystery that unravels with time.<br /><br />Thanks much....Scot....for the extensive effort you put into this<br /> project. I, for one, am very grateful; and, I am sure that this<br />speaks for many members of this Forum.

Archive
01-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>you won't regret it Joann.<br />not only well written but some of the best research on<br />backs i've ever seen.<br /><br />best,<br /><br />barry