PDA

View Full Version : Exhibit History

Archive
01-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark K. Bowers</b><p>While going through and cleaning out my collection I came across an outstanding article in the January 15, 1977 issue of Sports Collectors Digest (back when it meant something) on the history of exhibit cards. The article by Elwood Scharf is 5 pages long and traces the genesis of this set, actually sets, from the beginning including printing, distribution, variations and so forth. <br /><br />The article closes by saying it will be continued in the next issue which I may have but havent located.<br /><br />If anybody has the second installment I would appreciate hearing from you and would like to purchase a copy. Thanks.<br /><br />

Archive
01-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Todd Schultz</b><p>I would greatly appreciate a scan, fax or mailed copy of the first segment, if you would be so kind as to e-mail me at my link so I can give contact info.

Archive
01-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>I have seen something like that somewhere recently.............

Archive
01-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>Woody Scharf's articles were the first and quite good for the time but have been proven not to be entirely accurate.

Archive
01-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Posted By: <b>RayB</b><p>I'd be really interested in the first segment as well.<br />email aja4rayb@msn.com<br /><br />or if you email me I can give you a fax number.<br />Thanks.<br />RayB

Archive
01-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff J</b><p>I have to look at my back issues but think I have mostly Trader Speaks. May not be of any help. However, I agrtee that the SCD is not what it once was, but other than the PSA rag, what else is there to read on our hobby?

Archive
01-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>Well, Old Cardboard and SGC immediately come to mind as better alternatives to PSA's mag.<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com