PDA

View Full Version : SGC Submission Help

Archive
01-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Jon Canfield</b><p>Ok, I'm about to send my first submission to SGC under the $8 special for tobacco cards. In the past, I've always submitted to SGC in person. So, my question is, how does SGC require the cards be sent? Is it like PSA where I put in card svaers, sandwich between cardboard with rubberbands?<br /><br />Thanks!

Archive
01-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Keith O'Leary</b><p><P>Thats how I send mine Jon. Registered mail !</P><P> </P><P>Keith</P><P> </P>

Archive
01-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...the only requirement is that you not put them in screw downs. I also think they probably prefer the flimsy card savers. But I always have put mine in a penny sleeve inside a top loader. They have never complained about this practice. <br /><br />

Archive
01-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>I also send mine in toploaders and penny sleeves b/t cardboard. Never a problem.

Archive
01-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian E.</b><p>A few months ago, I specifically asked about screw downs and was told that as long as I didn't send "too many" there wouldn't be problem. I sent in about 10 screw downs without any problems. <br /><br />Brian E.

Archive
01-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Kyle</b><p>I use card savers, between two pieces of cardboard, wrapped in 3-4 rubber bands. I send them priority mail insured, or overnight via express. Delivery confirmation as well.<br /><br />-Kyle-

Archive
01-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Al Crisafulli</b><p>I would always recommend putting the card into a penny sleeve, then into a semi-rigid holder that is oversized (like a Card Saver I). I just have this idea that it's tougher to get a card out of a toploader, and anything you can do to make it easier to remove the card makes it less likely to be dinged during inserting or removing the card.<br /><br />-Al<br /><br />