PDA

View Full Version : High grade 1911 Obacks on Ebay

Archive
01-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Peter Thomas</b><p>Does anyone know anything about the high grade 1911 Obacks that have been showing up on ebay for past few months? There just seem to be a half dozen or so players with 6 or more high grade cards of each. Grades averaging over 6. A recently found family member stash?

Archive
01-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>Peter- I emailed him about that because I thought something odd was going on, the same PSA 6 Cutshaw being auctioned over and over and over again. It turns out that none of these are the same cards. This guy must have 10 PSA 6s or 7s of each of 4 players in the 1911 set. How he got them is anyone's guess...<br />Bob

Archive
01-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>He was shilling his own auctions, often leaving feedback both ways and relisting the same card just minutes after an auction close. Ebay yanked his auctions, but he is back.<br /><br />If you trace the certification numbers, he does have multiple examples of a single player in PSA6s and PSA7s.<br /><br />That said -- he does relist the same card if one of his shills wins. Also, he ships in a priority envelop with no packing.<br /><br />I won one of his first Obaks, but have stayed away sense.<br /><br />Edit to add: the back centering is way off on some cards. If you do bid -- then snipe and check the scans closely for the back centering.