PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding pirated (stolen) scans on eBay

Archive
01-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob S</b><p>This will sound like I'm a newplayer in this hobby/game, just called up from the minors. LOL<br /><br />But, anyway, other than getting a buyer to send them payment, and then sending them nothing, how can this practice impact a potential buyer?<br /><br />I realize receiving nothing for your payment is very serious, but there are ways of protecting yourself with regard to that circumstance.<br /><br />Are there other criminal "techniques" other than this obvious one?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Bob<br /><br />

Archive
01-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Charlie O'Neal</b><p>The best way if it is a high dollar item or just somone you are unsure of is to pay by credit card. If you end up not getting the item or scammed just call your cc company. If you pay this way you don't have to mess with the sh$t paypal will put you thru.

Archive
01-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob S</b><p>Gotcha, Charlie,<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />Bob

Archive
01-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>If its a high $$ item Ive been emailing the sellers and asking them to rescan the card with a penny or dime or both on the holder or card. I have yet to get a reply in the last 4 Ive emailed. I did this for most of the questionable big $$ cards that have been on eBay lately. Not one has written back or sent a new scan.

Archive
01-19-2006, 08:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob S</b><p>Great idea, fkw.<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />Bob