PDA

View Full Version : Please assist with a question about submitting to SGC

Archive
01-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>I've decided that I'd like to send some cards to SGC for grading and understand that registered mail w/ insurance is probably the safest method. <br /><br />For those of you that have done this regularly, what do you put down on the insurance form for "contents." Do you write "baseball cards" or "collectibles" or what? <br /><br />Will appreciate any and all input.<br /><br />Thanks.

Archive
01-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>Registered Mail does not require you to describe the contents.<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
01-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Sometimes they will ask you what is in the box and while I am not absolutely sure that is legal, I just say "collectables." I wouldn't get any more specific than that. Send them to SGC registered, that is the safest and all you have to write on the form is the amount of the insurance, nothing else. You do need special paper tape to cover the seams of your box though.

Archive
01-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>Thank you.<br />

Archive
01-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Make sure if you send it registered the tape you put on ALL of the seams is brown AND can be ink stamped on. I bought some brown tape recently but it was the shiny kind and the Post Office couldn't stamp on it. I had to get them to put their tape on it...and they did it because they know me but I have seen them tell folks they have to come back with it done correctly. Learn something new everyday....good luck....