PDA

View Full Version : About Those 1910 Schmeltzer's Pinbacks.....

Archive
01-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Daniel Bretta</b><p>Anyone get their Robert Edward Auction postcard today? <br /><br />Here's your chance DJ to get a lot w/3 Cobbs and 2 Joe Jacksons.<br /><br />Reserve? Only $20,000!!!!<br /><br />

Archive
01-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Posted By: <b>DJ</b><p>Ha! Not much of a pin person, just merely curious. If I had $20K to spend at this moment, would probably look toward finishing up a couple of set projects and a maybe buy a few nice "E" cards. <br /><br />It will be neat to follow though. Thanks for thinking about me Daniel. <br /><br />DJ

Archive
01-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Posted By: <b>whycough</b><p> I spoke with Robert Edward and told him he should break up the lot. A Joe Jackson or Cobb would be nice to own. I don't think he will break up the lot, but he said I could contact the winner of the auction through them if I was so inclined. $20,000: I doubt they'll get one bid.

Archive
01-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Daniel Bretta</b><p>The Cobb pin was previously unknown so with only three examples plus the two Joe Jackson pins I think this will easily get the minimum bid. Not only are they among the rarest of all baseball pinbacks, but they are also among the most beautiful.

Archive
01-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Aaron M.</b><p>I think the consignor has insisted that Rob sell the pins as a lot, but in any case you have to figure that the winning bidder will keep what he wants and then sell the duplicates. Given the projected re-sale value, the cheapest way to get an individual Cobb may be to fork over the $20,000 (at least) and then break-up the rest of the lot. You may even end up turning a profit.(Of course you have to have the $20,000 at your disposal...) <br /><br />--Aaron <br /><br /><a href="http://aaronsroom.blogspot.com/" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://aaronsroom.blogspot.com/</a>

Archive
01-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Get three Cobb collectors to go in together on it and sell the rest.

Archive
01-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>Jackson collector will buy it and sell the extras off......