PDA

View Full Version : Det. Tigers 30's cards

Archive
01-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>I find that Cochrane and Gehringer cards can be <br />bought along with many others at very affordable<br />prices....is this market untapped ???....un-<br />interesting ?<br /><br />Some Greenburg cards can be gotten cheap as well. <br />I do not collect these ,but I find this is a <br />reasonable venture for those wandering into pre-<br />war and getting their feet wet.<br /><br />The tigers mentioned ,I think were some decent<br />HOF's. Other HOF's in the 30's cards can too be<br />gotten cheap.<br /><br />Thoughts ?

Archive
01-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Posted By: <b>FYS</b><p>There are so many other reasonably priced Tiger HOF'ers. My favorite being Harry Heilmann. <br /><br />Others include: Hal Newhouser, Al Simmons, Waite Hoyt, Goose Goslin, Sam Crawford, Hughie Jennings, Sam Thompson, Heinie Manush, Bucky Harris and Earl Averill. <br /><br />I am sure there are many from other teams, but the Tigers are my personal focus. <br /><br />Edit: Sorry you mentioned only the 30's, so not all of these are applicable.

Archive
01-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Anson</b><p>You hit the nail on the head. Heilmann cards are getting tougher to find and the prices are going up. However, there are many other Tigers that are still pretty reasonable.<br /><br />