PDA

View Full Version : question about card holders

Archive
12-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Dsj</b><p>For those plastic card pages(sheets) with nine spots each,The Ulbra pro has silver and platinum packs. the silver is 15 dollars canadian for 100 and the platinum is 17 dollars canadian for 100. The vendor said that even the manufacturer can't tell him the difference between the 2. So I bought the cheaper one. But on the silver's box it says "look for other Ultra pro products especially designed for collectable cards." So is there a difference after all?

Archive
12-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>platinum are higher quality and a bit thicker I believe.

Archive
12-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Posted By: <b>Dsj</b><p>What is better quality? Thicker? And how is that exactly good for the card? I'm using the silver ones for collecting cards. Is that still ok?

Archive
12-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Dsj</b><p>When I was inserting the cards some interfered with the edges of the pockets. I see very little whitening on the edges of the card. But many were like that just out of the booster packs. Can the edges of the plastic cut or scratch the edges of cards? And if it was platnium pages will that make a difference? And the cards seem to be very easily falling out of the pockets. I found a lot of cards with their top popping out of the pockets. I have to not tilt the binder upside down or the cards will pop out the binder. the 2 sides of the pockets seem to be loose from each other. Will the platinum be better? How is the platinum better anyways?