PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame Contributions

Archive
12-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I have always been curious as to how many contributors here donate to the Baseball Hall of Fame. for as little as $40 you can make a contribution, they usually give you a gift plus a subscription to a magazine called memories and Dreams. The magazine is really nice ( pre-WWII articles are quite previlant) and is going from 4 issues to 6 issues. It also includes admission to the Hall of Fame (amust see if you have never done it). there is no better sources for vintage material and I think that the $40 is minimal to pay to help preserve it.<br /><br />Who else out there is a Friend of the Hall of Fame? If you are not I hope some more will contribute.<br /><br />happy Holidays,<br /><br />Lee

Archive
12-24-2005, 03:55 PM
Posted By: <b>David McDonald</b><p>Thanks for the tip. I looked at the website (URL follows) and for the price of a beater vintage card it looks like it would be money well spent.<br />While we are on the subject of the HOF ... I will be fulfilling a long held wish this spring when the wife and I visit Cooperstown. All sage advice, hot tips, etc as to how we can best enjoy our visit would be much appreciated. I suspect there may be an old thread or two devoted to this subject but darned if I can find it. Any reference to those threads also would be appreciated.<br />Merry Christmas and all that jazz to all you cardboard lovers!<br /><br /><br /><a href="http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/support/index.htm" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/support/index.htm</a>

Archive
12-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I have been a friend of the Hall of Fame for many years now, and I just received my renewal in the mail this past week. The membership package that they put together is definitely worth the money. I plan to bump up the membership to the President's Circle or Benefactor level for the 2007 Induction year. <br /><br />The latest issue of Memories and Dreams contains a picture of some of the HOF's vintage card collection too. Pictured are cards of Nichols, Bresnahan, Baker, McGinnity, Mathewson, McGraw, and Bender.

Archive
12-24-2005, 04:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff Lichtman</b><p>Tips: stay at the Otesaga; visit early in the morning as the place gets very crowded and can be difficult to enjoy with a million people around each exhibit.