PDA

View Full Version : A Suggestion

Archive
12-22-2005, 12:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I think the link needs to be added "new to the forum, please read" & highlighted, like the poll link. Lots of newbies don't seem to be getting the drift of what the board is about. <br /><br />Also it might help to add pre-1942 or what ever date we are stopping at. This gives a quick visual as to the time period we are interested in. There are many people out there that feel vintage is 50's and 60's.<br /><br />Just a suggestion, Happy Holidays,<br /><br />Lee<br />

Archive
12-22-2005, 12:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>When exactly is prewar?? in it 1945 and earlier?

Archive
12-22-2005, 12:40 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Basic concensous is pre-war means 1945 or earlier, although most talk is actually pre-WW1.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
12-22-2005, 08:33 AM
Posted By: <b>BobC</b><p>I walked into a small card shop I had never been in before and asked the burley proprieter if he had any pre war. He snorted and responded "Which war?" Turned out he was a retired Marine. Funny and sad at the same time.

Archive
12-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Posted By: <b>Geno</b><p>I've been in the Air Force for the Gulf War, Haiti, Bosnia, and now Gulf II/Afganistan, so pre-war for me is Vietnam-era! Seriously, don't forget a lot of soldiers/sailors/airman are doing patrols this Christmas - whether you support the war or not, say a prayer for their safety.<br /><br />Take Care,<br />Geno

Archive
12-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>If folks can't read the top of the board then they need to find another place to chat. Not trying to be mean but the top of the front page says "Pre-WWII"....and we almost always give leniency to anything in the 40's, as historically has been done..The Forum FAQ's state this too....regards<br /><br />edited to comment on Geno's post....although this is a pre-wwII board we certainly should give thanks to any military personnel from more current era's