PDA

View Full Version : Zeenut(Detroit Players)

Archive
12-21-2005, 08:37 AM
Posted By: <b>joe maples</b><p>Hello, this is probably a dumb question, but is there anyway to find which players played for Detroit that would be in this series? Besides going thru the checklist and finding those names?<br /><br />Thanks joe

Archive
12-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Posted By: <b>Adam J. Baxter</b><p>Hey Joe,<br /> Some time ago Don McPherson put together a list of all the Zeenut players who made it to the Majors. There are usually copies floating around the hobby (I have one, but I can't locate it at the moment). Perhaps Mark MaCrae or Brian Parker will chime in? Both are hardcore Zeenut collectors and are likely to either have a copy of the list or the info your looking for.<br /><br />Best Regards,<br /> Adam

Archive
12-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I have the list that was printed over 3 issues of The Old Judge. It does not list what major league teams they played for. I know I've promised to send this list to a few people and never got around to it. email me at sabrjay@charter.net and I'll try and get it scanned and sent out this time.<br /><br />Jay <br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
12-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Posted By: <b>joe Maples</b><p>Thanks guys, evertime I see one of those PCL cards it excites me, they are nice. I was just sitting here and thought maybe I could start collecting any players who went on to play for Detroit. I have all the Old Judge Newsletters so I'll look through them for some answers. But if anyone has them broken down by team let me know, probably not though.<br /><br />Thanks again <br /><br />Joe<br /><br />I just spent the last couple of hours cross referencing the Old Judge list of Zeenuts to Tiger Tales by Fred Smith, this book lists all the players who played for Detroit thru 1987. I came up with 120 players, this is close but could be a few numbers off. The next step is to break the players down by year of Zeenut cards.<br /><br />Joe