PDA

View Full Version : T3 size question from ebay member, HMMM?

Archive
12-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Damian</b><p>I currently have a very clean T3 up for auction on ebay right now. The card has no holes or tears and just some minor wrinkles/light creases that detract little. I got a question from an ebay member as to the size of the card. The card is in a PSA holder and I found it funny that they asked about the size. I responded with the fact that T3 standard size is 5-3/4 x 8 in case they were a novice and just wanted an idea of how big of a card they were looking at. I also told them that if this particular card was oversized I would not disclose. I was just worried about someone trying to pull a Paul Bunyon on this card and rip someone off. Would someone really risk big bucks for a graded card to just to hack it? Am I paranoid? Anyone's thoughts?<br /><br />Damian

Archive
12-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Glenn</b><p>Believe it or not there are collectors who think that PSA has slabbed trimmed cards in the past. I imagine that's the most likely reason for the question.

Archive
12-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Damian</b><p>Hadn't thought about that, but really I don't think that was the member's intentions. It's already graded.<br /><br />Damian

Archive
12-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Posted By: <b>martin dalziel</b><p><br />I routuinely ask for T3 sizing when the cards are raw, due to the number of small reprints that people put up made to look like the originals, but in a PSA holder i'm surprised by the question. <br /><br />One thing i've learned about Ebay though is it never hurts to ask questions.

Archive
12-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Posted By: <b>jtschantz</b><p>Along the same line (T3 size), I have a problem that I was wondering if any other T3 collectors have encountered. I sent in several very nice T3's to be graded by PSA that I have had for some time. I had a beautiful Joss come back un-graded because it is too wide for the holder. On the other cards I got mostly 5's and 6 (Evers) and am sure the Joss would grade the same. PSA does not have a larger holder so they could not grade it. I really don't want to send it to GAI because I think their holders look terrible (check out the Cobb on Ebay now). Any idea's?

Archive
12-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Todd Schultz</b><p>It's my understanding that the T3 will just fit into the PSA holder, and oversized T3s won't slab, so it's more likely to me that an undersized card getting slabbed is what concerned the questioner.

Archive
12-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob S</b><p>Hi Damian, or anyone who might know, but:<br /><br />1) What is meant by "trying to pull a Paul Bunyon on this card and rip someone off"<br /><br />2) Are there legitimate "oversized" T 3 Cabinets? All of mine are exactly 5 3/4 by 8. If there are, are the oversized ones rarer and do they command a premium on that basis?<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />Bob

Archive
12-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Craig D</b><p>While the standard size for Turkey Reds is 5 3/4 X 8, it is certainly not uncommon to find examples that are slightly larger or even slightly smaller. <br /><br />PSA is unable to slab the larger ones, which is somewhat of a shame. As for the smaller ones, trimming is generally very easy to ascertain. Inconsistencies in wear patterns and coloration tend to stand out on these cards. Just because the card is a bit short or thin doesn't mean it was trimmed. If you're wanting your cards graded however, I guess the grading companies will have the final say on that.

Archive
12-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob S</b><p>Thanks, Craig.<br /><br />Bob

Archive
12-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>and NOBODY is ever, ever ever going to buy it!