PDA

View Full Version : Lelands auction closing tonight/tomorrow & Josh escapes to Puerto Rico

Archive
12-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Joshua Leland Evans</b><p>This is a previous post that I wanted to broaden as a separate thread. Hope that is okay. <br /><br />Leon:<br /><br />Nice to be back on the Forum. <br />Thank you for the plug (the Lelands auction closes Thursday and Friday December 15th and 16th). It is great to be back in New York this week and at Lelands after a month in Puerto Rico. The auction is going great and as always there are a lot of good buys still. We keep our reserves low and the reserves are real (as opposed to some others whose prices shoot up mysteriously right off the bat). Also, we try to do our best on all fronts especially in the area of customer service where we have grown by leaps and bounds. As always our authenticity levels are the best in the business.<br /><br />If anyone wants to talk to me tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday they can call me in the office (516 409 9700) or email me at jevans@optonline.net. I will be there both days till late. Mike Heffner (my partner and resident genius), Ron Rolleri (our COO), Richard Bond (autographs and jerseys), Chris Porter (cards), Jon Perry (cards), and Bruce Mauro (hockey and Americana) will be there as well. <br /><br />Comparing our results (so far) to Mastro and Sotheby’s (who I think are the leaders along with us right now in terms of prices), overall we are equal if not better. Actually I am hearing that Sotheby’s was weak overall except for a few great prices on certain pieces. <br /><br /><br />Regards<br />Josh Evans<br /><br /><br />P.S. The movies in Puerto Rico suck so went to the flicks the last three nights. Capote (killer), Good Night and Good Luck (better than the History Channel) and tonight I saw King Kong (blew me away). Bet you didn’t know I was film critic for my college newspaper and ran the Film Society. <br />By the way, John Lennon over Babe Ruth big time. <br /><br />

Archive
12-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I am fairly open to auction houses, grading companies, etc...coming onto the board to do some promoting, as long as there are pre-wwII baseball cards to be found. Not all of us really like the added competition but that's life. I would always appreciate things like this being done in some moderation but a few posts can't hurt. Good luck and best regards......nice Ramly's btw....

Archive
12-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>

Archive
12-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Cat</b><p>Does anyone know the time Lelands auctions typically close? If I understand it correctly, it goes on until no bids are received, on any auction, for 10 straight minutes. Correct?<br /><br />Edited to correct typos unless otherwise noted.

Archive
12-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>You are correct. They still use that archaic and annoying method. REA is much better.<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com