PDA

View Full Version : T205 & T207 Backs

Archive
12-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard Dwyer</b><p>Nearing completion of my T205 set. Does anyone have a spreadsheet, etc. that shows back variations for T205 & T207's?

Archive
12-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>Rich,<br />I am fairly certain Tim Newcomb can help you with the T207...what exactly are you wondering about on T205s? The different advertising backs or back variations like Moran w. the stray line?<br /><br />Joshua

Archive
12-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard Dwyer</b><p>Which brand & factories for each card.

Archive
12-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>A friend of mine asked same question today...there is (as far as I know) no complete list of which cards come with which backs...I have been working on this for a little over a year but because there seems to be far less T205s than t206s and since there were different printings (at least 4) noone can say for certain. Also, with the true scarcity of Drum, Hindu, Broadleaf backs, a complete list may never be known with any certainty.<br /><br />The one card that I have catalouged with the most different backs is the Austin card. I have seen it with every back except Drum, Hindu, American Beauty Green and Hassan Fact. 30.<br /><br />Joshua

Archive
12-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>For the t207 set you can add a brown ink variation of the Recruit back to your list of back variations for that set. I brought one to the National this year and SGC immediately graded the card as a new varaition. Now if I can just get them to slab my e90-3 Hofman varaition, I'll be a very happy camper. Bob Lemke will be doing an article on the card in an upcoming issue of SCD.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
12-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Posted By: <b>Bruce Babcock</b><p>I also have a brown printing Recruit T207. Mine is of Leonard Cole. Which player is yours, Jay? Any others out there?

Archive
12-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Mine is Clyde Milan. I know of Walter Johnson.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
12-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Patrick McHugh</b><p>I have the Walter Johnson it also has been graded by sgc and labled brown back. That makes 3 any more?

Archive
12-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard Dwyer</b><p>I'm willing to compile a listing if people here want to send me their lists of what they have. I would like to have the brand, factory #, district, & state info for both T205 and T207 cards. I'll post the findings when done.<br /><br />email me at: richarddwyer@sbcglobal.net

Archive
12-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>I have been working on back complilation of the T205 set for nearly 3 years and I have about 900 different back front combinations. I have asked for the same data for years and people seem to keep it pretty close to their hearts. As of now, my list is old fashioned paper spreadsheet and not on Excel as of yet. Soon though, I hope. Rich, I wish you luck and would love to see any data that you might have on the t205s.<br /><br />Joshua