PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts/info on this scam??

Archive
12-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Tony</b><p>I have come across some recent ebay auctons on well known vintage cards that are already graded by PSA. In a few of the auctions, in the questions to seller section on the auction, a buyer asks the seller if the card is authentic. Knowing it has already been graded and authenticated by PSA, I thought this was odd.<br /><br />I emailed the buyer and asked a few qustions. He stated that he was scammed a couple thousand dollars a few months ago from a seller on ebay, who was placing fake well known vintage cards in PSA holders, and was counterfeiting the PSA label and hologram. Ever since then he is leery of purchasing high dollar graded cards from online auctions. <br /><br />Some cards include t-206 cobbs, 1916 babe ruth m-101's, mantle rookies, ruth/gehrig goudeys.<br /><br />Has anyone heard of this, or have any additional info on this recent scam?

Archive
12-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Posted By: <b>Shannon</b><p>Any Idea who the seller is?

Archive
12-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Posted By: <b>Tony</b><p>the buyer wouldn't say who the seller was, but I saw a 1952 topps mantle on ebay that looked fake in a PSA holder, however, I can't seem to find the item again.