PDA

View Full Version : 1915 Cracker Jack Advertisement Ty Cobb

Archive
12-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Posted By: <b>michelle wise</b><p>Hi Everyone! Long time lurker, but finally decided to try posting something. I just recently purchased a 1915 Cracker Jack Ty Cobb that was hand cut from an advertising sheet. <br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8720065883&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8720065883&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1</a><br /><br />The seller stated that some grading companies would grade this as authentic or AUTH. I am not really looking at sending it in for a number grade per se, as I know that its technically not even a card. I was just hoping to get it slabbed for presentation purposes.<br />Does anyone here have any suggestions as to which company might slab it as AUTH? So far, my only lead is PRO- who as anyone knows, will slab anything for a fee.<br />I really appreciate reading on the forum and hope that someone here might be able to help me. thanks again!<br />michelle<br />

Archive
12-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>I would be surprised if SGC, PSA or GAI would grade it as it's not a card. For 'legitimazation' purposes, my recommendation is that you print out the eBay auction page and keep the envelope and any receipt the comes with the item. The seller is well known, and being able to show that an esoteric item was purchased directly from a well known and respected dealer is significant.

Archive
12-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Try calling GAI they may encapsulate this for you and even auth it as a hand cut etc.<br /><br />Steve

Archive
12-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Posted By: <b>michelle wise</b><p>Thanks for the info, going to call GAI on monday to see if they will slab it for me. I saw on their website that they had a link to Mile High Card Company as a partner site- so maybe I can talk them into it. If anyone else has any suggestions, please feel free to contact me. thanks- michelle