PDA

View Full Version : e107 Type 2 Seybold - Does this exist?

Archive
12-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian McQueen</b><p><br />Was curious about the existance of this card. I can't find anyone who's ever owned it (including most of the big e107 collectors) and there don't appear to be any recollection of this card ever being sold either. I know it's catalogued -- is anyone on the board knowledgable on if this card is still around?<br /><br />Thanks in advance,<br />Brian

Archive
12-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Posted By: <b>JIm Manos</b><p>I bought it in a grouping of e107's from Scott Brockelman(he bought at Lipset) 5 or so yrs ago. I sold all 65 e107's I had to Steve Verkman a few yrs back. Man, do I wish I had those back. I had the Seybold along with Plank , Waddell, etc... In anyevent, I can confirm it exsist's because I owned it. I bet Brockelman has one if you need a scan?? Hope this helps...

Archive
12-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Posted By: <b>Ben</b><p>Jim, are you sure your Seybold was a type 2?

Archive
12-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Bruce Babcock</b><p>I had a Type 1 for a while, but I have never seen a Type 2.

Archive
12-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Posted By: <b>JIm Manos</b><p>I am sure it was a type 2 . Maybe ask Lipset for his old auction cataloge it was the number #1 lot of his auction maybe 6 yrs ago. It was a complete set of type 1's with a handful of type 2's . Brocelman may remember also. I bought them in a joint effort with Scott and I think another buddy of Scott's. Hope this helps.

Archive
12-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian McQueen</b><p><br />Thanks Jim...much appreciated. I just wanted some sort of confirmation on it's existance and that someone had at least seen one at one point. Take care.....

Archive
12-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Andy Baran</b><p>I have a list and photo of all of the cards from the Lipset lot at home. I will check it later.

Archive
12-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Andy Baran</b><p>I checked the Lipset lot, and the Seybold was definately a Type 1. The only Type 2 in the entire lot was the Lajoie, which Scott sold to me, and I have since sold to Hal. The grouping was also not a complete set of Type 1's. There were several cards and several variations that were missing. I still have the Mathewson from that lot. Sorry Scott.