PDA

View Full Version : T3 question on backs

Archive
12-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Posted By: <b>peterosepsa</b><p>I was just looking at a few of my T3 cards and I noticed that my Christy Mathewson and Hugie jennings both had the common checklist back. But when I was looking at the list on each card I noticed that the Mathewson only went to #75 Philadelphia Jack Obrien, but my Jennings went to #76 Jack Johnson. Is this an error? Or common? They look 100% original.<br />Please help<br />Thanks<br />Derek

Archive
12-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Both of your checklists are commonly found.

Archive
12-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve Dawson</b><p>According to Lew Lipset's encyclopedia, both appear to be "common". There are actually three variations of the first series back.<br /><br />#1 shows cards #1-75<br />#2 shows cards #1-76<br />#3 shows cards #1-76, but omits the premium offer and mailing address at the bottom of the back.<br />According to Lipset, #3 is rare, but carries only a small price premium.<br /><br /><br />Steve<br />

Archive
12-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>I have one of each and have seen equal numbers of each type in auctions. Is it safe to assume that the backs printed to 75 were printed prior to backs printed to 76?