PDA

View Full Version : wvshoebox on the board?

Archive
11-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Cat</b><p>This EBayer is very reputable and has a high volume of EBay sales. I have bought from him in the past. But, he does not list what the backs are on his t206s. In the past, I have sent messages to him requesting he tell me the back of a specific card. Now, he has listed a large number of HOF player t206s and not one did he say what was on the back.<br /><br />If you are on the board, please list what's on the back. In the mean time, I am just skipping over your auctions.

Archive
11-22-2005, 02:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Peter_Spaeth</b><p>I would just pick up the phone and give Wayne a call, I am sure he or Bill would be glad to tell you what you need to know. His website is wvshoeboxcards.com

Archive
11-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>Wayne and I talked this afternoon and he even stated that he doesnt much pay a hootinnanny to backs, but I can assure you that he is the easiest to talk to and will take time to care for you.<br /><br />Good evening<br />Dan

Archive
11-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimi</b><p>I think he's prices are a tad high, I had a couple of great conversations with him in Chicago this summer. Very easy to talk to. I'm sure he's just bogged down by too many e-mails, auctions, etc. Give him call.<br><br>Jimi

Archive
11-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Yeah i looked at thjis prices...woooooo alittle high. Nice guy, but he has to lower then to get a good business (no offence)

Archive
11-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Wayne Varner is a veteran dealer and one of the greatest guys in the business. I also think his prices are very fair. Call him if you have a question--he is very responnsive.<br /><br />In looking through his latest month's catalog, it seems Wayne is increasingly going to GAI. Most of his featured cards are slabbed by them.

Archive
11-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh Adams</b><p>Varner was in Chicago this past weekend for the Sun Times show. Possible that he's just busy at the moment, as another poster said. He is an honest, trustworthy dealer, who always answers quesetions (from my experience, at least!).<br><br>Go Go White Sox<br />2005 World Series Champions!

Archive
11-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>Wayne will only try to buy quality for his customers as many know and others will see. QUALITY doesnt come at an easy price !!!!

Archive
11-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Damian</b><p>I have bought a couple of times from them and was told they are first rate. I had a problem with a couple of cards and didn't get a response over the weekend. They contacted me today and said they were busy with the Chicago show over the weekend. Took care of me no questions asked. I have every reason to believe that rumor is true and you can trust this seller. I am glad you are skipping over his T206's. I am off to ebay to check them out.<br /><br />Damian

Archive
11-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>Wayne Varner is very hard nosed and, at least that was my experience at National, the price he puts on an item is what it's going to sell for. Period. No wiggle room, no bargaining, etc. The 2 cards I bought from, a pair of E95 HOFers were high end for the grade and I was satisfied. At the time I felt I paid too much but in the couple of months since, the 2 cards seem like a real bargain with caramels going nuts. He had an E97 Rossman which was a PSA 2 priced at $450. Pretty dificult card but one that I thought should have been around $250. Nice card for the grade. I mulled it over and walked around and stopped by the table and looked at it a couple of times and went on. When I finally came back later to buy it, it was gone, darn the luck. Wayne said he had had 4 or 5 people mention the card to him in the brief time since its sale. I found Wayne to be very friendly and helpful and yes his cards are a little high across the board and you need to make sure about the backs if you are buying on-line but I believe he is very reputable.

Archive
11-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Shannon</b><p>I second that Bob, great guy but sticks to his guns on his prices.

Archive
11-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Charlie Barokas</b><p>WAYNE VARNER IS THE MOST HONEST, FAIR, LIKABLE, EASY TO BUY AND SELL WITH PERSON IN THE HOBBY. I HAVE DEALT WITH THEM ALL AND HE IS TOPS.<br /><br />HIS PRICES ARE WHAT THEY ARE BECAUSE HE IS A DEALER NOT A COLLECTOR. HE HAS MANY EXPENSES AND COULD MARK HIS CARDS HIGHER, LIKE 707 ETC. BUT AS JIM SAYS HIS PRICES ARE PRETTY RIGHT ON. HE SPENDS ALOT OF TIME STUDYING RETAIL PRICING IN THE HOBBY AND THEN TRYS TO MARKS HIS CARDS TO BE COMPETIVE.<br /><br />PLEASE MOVE ON TO ANOTHER DEALER TO BE CRITICAL OF BECAUSE THERE JUST IS NOTHING ABOUT WAYNE NOT TO LIKE.<br /><br />CHARLIE

Archive
11-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Cat</b><p>Geeez guys, all I said was I wish he would what was on the backs of his T206's in his EBay auctions.

Archive
11-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>wasnt you......you posted your need and typically one gets sized up here. Doesnt always need to be nor will we all ever get our ways. That's all.