PDA

View Full Version : OT- Heisman Trophy ring stolen from winner

Archive
11-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark Fricke</b><p>I know this is a vintage card forum and this is a lot off topic, but hopefully the moderators will indulge for a sports hero. Since everyone on this board is pretty clued into the collectibles market I was hoping for some help for him.<br /><br />A friend of mine just got off the phone with former Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Rodgers and someone broke into his house in Omaha and stole all his championship rings in addition to other items. The rings that were stolen are as follows:<br /><br />1970 National Championship ring<br />1971 National Championship ring<br />Canadian Grey Cup Championship ring<br />College Football Hall of Fame ring<br />Hula Bowl 50 Anniversary ring<br />Heisman Trophy ring<br /><br />He has asked me to post a request for help to locate his rings so please keep an eye out on ebay or anywhere else that these rings might show up. He only has a picture of the Heisman ring which he will send me to post. If you have any information that might lead to the recovery of his rings please contact the Omaha police or e-mail me for directions.<br />

Archive
11-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Good post. I also saw the news elsewhere. With the publicity about the theft and the uniqueness of the items, there's a good chance Rogers will get them back. They could never be sold on the open market without someone in the hobby noticing.

Archive
11-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I hope they catch the culprit. Anything we can do to help catch a thief I am all for....best regards