PDA

View Full Version : SGC cards labeled Nagy Collection

Archive
11-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>I noticed in the Mastro auction, some (maybe all?) of the Nagy cards that were graded by SGC is labeled "Nagy Collection". Questions:<br /><br />1. Has SGC done this before with other names? I know PSA has done it before, but I hadn't seen SGC do it til now.<br /><br />2. Does this change the value of the cards (up or down) to anyone?

Archive
11-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Wesley</b><p>I prefer Nagy Collection over Mr. X Collection.<br /><br />In either case it doesn't make a difference one way or another to me.

Archive
11-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>Did PSA label the cards Mr. X collection? If so, that is horrible. But I thought it was just the seller on ebay trying to hype it up, and not actually on the label itself.

Archive
11-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Glenn</b><p>"Mr. X" was on the label, but only for a few of them.

Archive
11-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Greg Ecklund</b><p>PSA only labeled a few cards "Mr. X Collection" - I believe the Plank and the "Magie". Still incredibly stupid, but at least they didn't label all the cards that way. <br /><br />I don't have a problem with "Nagy Collection" on the label as it is the collection of a well known hobby pioneer - I wouldn't bid any more on a Nagy card than I would any other though.

Archive
11-22-2005, 01:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>PSA labelled the Harris Collection cards I believe. I certainly wouldn't bid anymore because it came from someone collection. My E93 Wagner came from the Don McPherson (type card collector from my understanding) collection and it is trimmed, does it make it better or more value I doubt it. It just tells me he collected presentable cards.<br /><br />Lee

Archive
11-22-2005, 05:24 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I think in this case it gives a little cache to the collection because Frank Nagy was such a legendary hobby figure. It's up to bidders and the eventual owners to decide how much of a premium that may be worth.

Archive
11-22-2005, 07:39 AM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>I agree with Barry that it adds cache. Although I would love to have a card from the Nagy collection and like the idea of having it indicated on the label, I would not pay more for a card simply because of the collection it came from. And just for clarity's sake, I thought the Mr. X thing was stupid. Why would anyone care if their card came from the collection of a person who remains anonymous. Most of my collection comes from people unknown to me.<br />JimB