PDA

View Full Version : E121 Back Question

Archive
11-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>Is there any premium/rarity to an E121 Series 80 (or 120) back that is printed upside down or is this a common occurance w/ E121's? I guess upside down is technically wrong, its really printed in the opposite direction. Ive got one E121 out of about 20 that I own printed in that manner.

Archive
11-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Posted By: <b>Scot</b><p>I have a few of these ending on ebay today. I found four cards printed upside down on back - Zach Wheat, George Sisler, Urban Faber and Otto Miller. I also found one with the first line on back ending with the word "eighty" instead of "the". These two variations on back are the only ones I know of.<br /><br /> Edited to say - I don't know if there is a premium paid for these but, they are more difficult to find.

Archive
11-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>Thanks Scot - I was aware of the variation with the words. It sounds (based on your small sampling) that the upside down printing is fairly common and probably not a true variation.

Archive
11-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Posted By: <b>Scot</b><p>I have about 50 "series of 80" all together and these were the only variations I found. They must be a little tougher to obtain.

Archive
11-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhett Yeakley</b><p>Scot, I sold you the Shea that ends in "eighty" instead of "eighty of the" on the back. That variation has been known for some time and is quite scarce, I have handled about a half-dozen in the past that have that back variation. The variation is the reason the Shea was a bit more money than the rest of the E121's that I sold you.<br />-Rhett