PDA

View Full Version : I am pretty sure this card is trimmed but I need opinions

Archive
11-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Damian</b><p>I bought this recently and received today.<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8720490330&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8720490330&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1</a><br /><br />I did notice the left edge was completely chipped from corner to corner in the scan before I got the card. When I measured it today it is almost 1/32nd short. Two left corners noticeably sharper than right ones and look funky. I am pretty sure it's trimmed would just like some back-up as the seller lists a bunch of legal sounding mumbo jumbo in the card's decription. Thoughts please?<br /><br />Damian

Archive
11-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Al Crisafulli</b><p>Damian:<br /><br />It might be the scan, but that left edge looks like a mess. Is the whole thing white, all the way down, or is that the scan?<br /><br />-Al

Archive
11-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>If you're sure it's trimmed then you should email the seller and let him know what you think. If the seller doesn't want to refund your money ($375) then ask him if he'd accept a grading companies decision. <br /><br />The item description included the following:<br /><br /><b><font color="red">This card has beautiful eye appeal, a nice piece of American history and a treasure to add to ones collection. ..This card is worth getting graded by PSA</font></b> <br /><br />The item description also included the following:<br /><br /><b><font color="red">Return Policy <br /><br />All information listed is intended to be as accurate as possible, but errors are possible. No item may be returned or refused based on this information which is provided as a service to our customers. You should contact each pricing source directly to determine the accuracy of this information. <br /><br />All lots (Exception: Third party graded notes and coins are not returnable for any reason whatsoever) paid for within seven days of the auction closing are sold with a three (3) day return privilege. You may return lots under the following conditions: Within three days of receipt of the lot, you must first notify seller by e-mail, and immediately mail the lot(s) fully insured to the seller. Lots must be housed intact in their original holder and condition. You are responsible for the insured, safe delivery of any lots. A non-negotiable return fee equal to the seller’s stated shipping costs will be deducted from the refund for each returned lot or billed directly. Postage and handling fees are not refunded. After the three-day period (from receipt), no items may be returned for any reason. Late remittance for purchases revokes all Return-Restock privileges.</font></b> <br /><br /> <br />If the seller refuses a refund the post it on the board so that others can make an informed decision before bidding in this sellers auctions.<br /><br />Good luck, let us know what happens.

Archive
11-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Damian</b><p>Al,<br /><br />White all the way down.<br /><br />Judge,<br /><br />I will let you know what the seller says. I suspect he will be prepared to offer a refund. Some of his auctions reference the "worthy of PSA grading" and some do not. If he refuses a refund, I will have him reference this thread and your opinions. Thanks for the help. Anyone think this card is not altered?<br /><br />Damian

Archive
11-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Posted By: <b>pete ullman</b><p>The rt border looks wierd from the front especially with the line but from the back it looks trimmed for sure!<br /><br />pete in mn

Archive
11-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Damian</b><p>I looked at the back after reading your post and it just jumped at me. Trimmed for sure. In your title, all the "fake" did you mean you think the card is not authentic? I am sure it is real, but not that you pointed out the back edge I am sure it is trimmed as well. Thanks for the help again everyone. This is a great place.<br /><br />Damian

Archive
11-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Posted By: <b>pete ullman</b><p>sorry for the confusion...I meant trimmed. it's one of my favorite elaine in seinfeld moments when she's describing her orgasms she had or didn't have w/jerry.<br /><br />sorry for the pg content leon.<br /><br />pete in mn

Archive
11-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p><I>All information listed is intended to be as accurate as possible, but errors are possible. No item may be returned or refused based on this information which is provided as a service to our customers. You should contact each pricing source directly to determine the accuracy of this information.</I><br /><br /><br />What brilliant legal mind came up with bit of garbage? Common sense tells me that this would enver stand up in court, but thena gain, common sense seldom seems to prevail there, or anywhere else for that matter. I've this verbage used my a lot of sellers and I pretty much will not bid on an auction that uses it since it essentially says I can tell you one thing and send box of cow dung instead and you are stuck with the box of dung.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>If you can sue a band for making you want to commit suicide, can I sue Barry Manilow for turning me into a wuss in the 70s?

Archive
11-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Damian</b><p>I get it. Big Seinfeld fan here. I appreciate the humor. Just not used to applying Seineld allusions on this site. Will keep in mind. Card is not fat free after lab testing. Damian is not happy!<br /><br />Damian

Archive
11-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Posted By: <b>William Heitman</b><p>Definitely trimmed and pretty badly done.

Archive
11-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>Damian- It's a nice looking card regardless. If we won't refund your money, send it to SGC or GAI and ask them to grade it authentic.

Archive
11-13-2005, 06:17 AM
Posted By: <b>d</b><p>Did you me to type "they" instead of "we" or are you the seller of this card?<br /><br />Damian