PDA

View Full Version : Hair in SGC holder ?

Archive
11-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Posted By: <b>James M.</b><p>Hello everyone , this is my first post here . <br /><br />I purchased an SGC card and found a hair (a little longer than the size of an eyelash, but not as thick) on the face of my card (not the corners or the edges). So my question to you people is; with this hair being pressed against the surface , can this cause any damage to the card or even the value? Also , this card is from the late 1960s , and it has been graded an 80 , so it's pretty soild. I already spoke to the dealer and he told me he has never heard of anything like that happening , but I just want to double-check with you people .<br /><br />Thanks a lot<br />James M.

Archive
11-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I have a great T206 HOFer with a tiny piece of Danny Fisher's White Plains Deli Sandwich in that GAI 6 holder and the card still looks good....I cherish that card...

Archive
11-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>to have them pay for you to send it back and get it re-holdered. It probably IS an eyelash...I thought the holders were supposed to protect cards from such things, not press them against them...<br /><br />Whitefish? New holder, regardless of sentimental value...

Archive
11-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Posted By: <b>bigfish</b><p>Atleast they don't consistently mislabel their holders. PSA sent me a psa 7 matt kilroy with a holder stating it was a 1987 card. I know it is a typo of but what am I paying the service for? <br /><br />As far as the hari goes, maybe it is from Cap Anson's beard. That would be a nice find. I am sure SGC will re holder that for free. They seem to be very reasonalbe people. In my opinion, the hair is to thin and light to hurt the surface of the card. If it were a finger nail you may have some problems.

Archive
11-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris Mc</b><p>I like chips pressed between the two slices of my sandwich but I really wouldn't want any other material sandwiched in my card slabs.