PDA

View Full Version : I've taken the plunge!

Archive
11-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Posted By: <b>pete ullman</b><p>I must confess...I just spent 8K on baseball cards.<br /><br />I've been a bb card collector for almost 30 years...since a spry young lad. My first vintage was a t206 matty white cap for $2. <br /><br />I became a type collector in my early twenties but kinda slacked because I never imagined prices going where they are now. At this time I can never hope to have as incredible a type collection as say...Leons...so I now just buy cards I like or want. I probably spend $2000 a year on cards. Nonetheless I've never spent more than $350 on a single card.<br /><br />I'm afraid this may start becoming a habit! What do I do?<br /><br />Pete in MN<br /><br />ps. I am not and never will be... a dealer!

Archive
11-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Al Crisafulli</b><p>Pete:<br /><br />Congratulations! It only gets worse from here.<br /><br />Whatcha get?<br /><br />-Al

Archive
11-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>Pete,<br /><br />There really is no cure. You've plunged into this now you will suffer the life consequences. You may ween yourself off of the cardboard but it will suck you back in after a short period of time (and withdrawls). There is no cardboard methadone so you'll have to suffer the same fate as the rest of us.... paper cuts for life... countless hours spent on the toilet mulling over auction catalogs (even after the auction)... creating a box for old auction catalogs and not forgetting to get the auction results so that you can keep them with the catalogs so you have more reading material during your biological breaks...<br /><br />basically - you're toast...

Archive
11-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>Pete,<br /><br />I believe the officially sanctioned introduction goes: :My name is Pete, and I'm a card-oholic."<br /><br />And then we all say "Hi Pete."