PDA

View Full Version : A quick note on selling etiquette

Archive
11-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>Because some folks need reminding now and then: if you are going to post an item for sale, please respond to inquiries.

Archive
11-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>And let me add if the seller takes time to send you scans then you should thank them, whether you buy them or not. I sent about 25 people scans and got ANY response from less than half of them.....

Archive
11-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>I agree with Leon's point. If there is no response, the seller isn't even sure if the potential buyer received the scans.

Archive
11-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Posted By: <b>scott ingold</b><p>Sorry Leon. I have been busy. But thats still no excuse.

Archive
11-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian McQueen</b><p><br />I strongly agree with the points made here so far. Let me also add that many of us go by the "first come, first served" basis when selling cards, so it's likely that a seller may be waiting for a response before moving on to the next guy who responded.

Archive
11-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Posted By: <b>pete</b><p>then that should be stated in a friendly email...i usually use something like "thank you for offer, waiting on a previous offer"...when i do get multiple offers, i tell the person he/she has 1-2 days to reply with type of payment, mailing address etc...or i move on to the next guy...as a matter of fact im waiting for a mailing address and confirmation now from someone here on the board...<br><br>my best pitch was the one that made it to the plate!