PDA

View Full Version : Cranes and Guys Potato Chip 1960's Pins (Nationals)

Archive
10-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Ceresi</b><p>Hi all<br /><br />I am interested in obtaining images via scans or snail mail of the "Washington Nationals" pins that came out each year by the Guys and Cranes Potato Chip Companies. <br /><br />These pins came out during the 1960's for several years. I am only interested in those pins that came out from during that time span.<br /><br />I am also interested in purchasing any of the Nationals pins and my e mail is fceresi@fcassociates.com if there is anyone who wants to sell any.<br /><br />Lastly, I would like to see whether or not either of the two companies still exist (Guys and/or Cranes). Any other information about these issues would be interesting as well.<br /><br />Any help would be greatly appreciated.<br /><br />Frank Ceresi

Archive
10-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Posted By: <b>ramram</b><p>Guy's chips existed right here in Kansas City for many years. I believe they went out of business about ten years ago. I used to collect the pins when I was a kid. At the local store we used to try to shake the chips around in the slightly opaque bag to try to see what pin was inside.<br /><br />On another note...they produced "Guy's Chips", "Guy's Pretzels" and "Guy's Nuts". Needless to say, many a joke was made about town with regard to the latter.<br /><br />Rob M.

Archive
10-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Posted By: <b>ramram</b><p>Here are some obscure pins that just ended on ebay. It included the Washington Nationals.<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.ca/LOT-W-6-VINTAGE-BASEBALL-TIN-PINS-LOOK_W0QQitemZ8702903687QQcategoryZ50130QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.ca/LOT-W-6-VINTAGE-BASEBALL-TIN-PINS-LOOK_W0QQitemZ8702903687QQcategoryZ50130QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem</a>

Archive
10-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob Lemke</b><p>as 1938 Baseball Tabs on Pages 41-42 of the 2006 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards. Usually not seen that nice.

Archive
10-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Ceresi</b><p>Bob<br /><br />Do you have any photos of the Cranes or Guys pins from the 1960's that were for the Nationals??<br /><br />I would appreciate it if you could scan them if you do. <br /><br />Frank

Archive
11-02-2005, 08:02 AM
Posted By: <b>ramram</b><p>I must make a correction to my earlier statement about them being out of business - Guy's chips are still in business here in KC. I'm eating some of their chips right now. Been in business since 1938.<br /><br />Rob M.