PDA

View Full Version : T206 Cards Without a Certain Back

Archive
10-31-2005, 11:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Is there any known T206s that are not found without an ad back they should have because of the series they are in. Not counting Wagner, and Demmitt & O'Hare (polar Bear).<br /><br />Example: Does the George Brown, Chicago card which is in the 150 series only known to have a card with all 6 of the possible ad back?<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Lee

Archive
11-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p>Hi Lee<br /> To answer your question simply NO not every back that should be available with each card has been found. Email me for more info If you want. Be well Brian

Archive
11-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Posted By: <b>sreader3</b><p><br />I agree with Brian. Here are two examples:<br /><br />Of the 150-or-so subjects that appear in the 150 series, it seems that only a small fraction are possible with the Sweet Caporal 150/649 overstrike back. I keep seeing the same 32 subjects with this back over and over, but never the others. Here's a list of the ones I keep seeing: Alperman, Bates, Bransfield, Bresnahan (Portrait), Clarke (Cleveland), Davis (Chicago), Delehanty (Washington), Ewing, Gilbert, Goode, Griffith (Portrait), Johnson (Portrait), Jones (St. Louis), Killian (Pitching), Lajoie (Throwing), Lake (New York), Liebhardt, Manning (Batting), Marquard (Hands at Thighs), Mathewson (White Cap), McIntyre (Brooklyn), McQuillan (Ball in Hand), Nichols, O’Leary (Portrait), Owen, Pastorius, Powers, Ritchey, Schmidt (Throwing), Sheckard (No Glove), Wagner (Bat on Left) and Wilhelm (Hands at Chest). There are probably a handful of other 150 series subjects possible with this back type, but I seriously doubt that all are possible.<br /><br />I have also never seen Jennings (Portrait) with ANY Sweet Caporal 150 back. Not sure what the deal is there.<br /><br />There are several other examples in T206 of front/back combinations that should be possible, but seemingly are not.

Archive
11-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>After having completed one T206 set (-Wagner & Plank) and<br />now working on a 2nd set (having 460 cards), I have never<br />seen any deviation regarding the known catalogued backs.<br /><br />The Mark Peavey T206 book has a neat checklist of all the<br />back permutations. And, it was published in 2001, so it is<br />a great reference.