PDA

View Full Version : If anyone knows Steve Verkman

Archive
10-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Anson</b><p>I noticed several recent listings on the CS Store site where the prices didn't match up to the players. Example, anyone want an Ex 33' Goudey Ruth for $48?<br /><br /><a href="http://www.csauctions.com/online_store/pages/BaseballCards1933Goudey1.html" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.csauctions.com/online_store/pages/BaseballCards1933Goudey1.html</a><br /><br /><br />If anyone knows Steve, you might let him know.<br /><br />

Archive
10-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott Forrest</b><p>Good spot, but doesn't really matter. Every time I've found an item for sell by a dealer that was "too good to be true", they simply informed me that it had been sold.

Archive
10-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Tim Newcomb</b><p>There are currently multiple errors in the Verkman Web store.<br /><br />I ordered several of the scarcer common-player T205s a couple of nights ago from him. I thought the prices were low but I didn't realize what the problem was until I had placed the order. I got an email confirmation for the exact cards I had ordered at the prices indicated. <br /><br />Eventually I realized what had happened, and assumed they would just tell me that the cards had been mispriced and not charge my card. <br /><br />But: A package arrived yesterday with eight other T205s, ones I did not want. Presumably as they fill the orders they are getting a different list than buyers get when they order them. <br /><br />So now I have to deal with their "customer service". They haven't replied to the email I sent yet, but I got a "delivery delayed" message so they may not have received it yet. <br /><br />I assume they will respond eventually. But obviously I will have to go to the trouble of mailing these unwanted cards back to them.<br /><br />I'd suggest avoiding their online store until they correct the problem.<br /><br />Tim

Archive
10-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>1888goudeys.......quick resolve, he will understand.

Archive
10-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Our webmaster is unfortunately located in Florida and has no electricity. He was in the middle of doing an upgrade of our site when the hurricane hit. <br /><br />Anyone that would like to order anything, please call us, fax us (516 338 8559) or email us at info@csauctions.com. We picked up an amazing type-card collection and have deep inventory in most tobacco and 1930s gum card issues as well as lots of E cards and 1920s exhibit cards. <br /><br />Thanks for your understanding,<br />Steve Verkman<br />www.csauctions.com<br /><br />P.S. Dan, thanks for the nice comments. Tim, please call our office on monday morning at 516 338 8557 and we can help you with anything. feel free to return any mistaken items in the meantime for a refund and we will also reimburse shipping. But also please let us know what you actually wanted to order so we can figure out the problem.

Archive
10-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>The Florida situation is awful- my mother has been without electricity for a week. Any website would be haywire under those circumstances.

Archive
10-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott Forrest</b><p>Yes, it's affecting everyone.<br /><br />Can you believe the "Miami Hurricanes" changed their helmet yesterday to the nautical "hurricane" flags? That was a weird thing to do on that particular weekend.

Archive
10-30-2005, 11:48 AM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>Scott- they were wearing their throwback uniforms and helmets from the 60's yesterday.

Archive
10-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Cy</b><p>If you check the listings, they are off by two lines. I'm sure this error would have been picked up by Steve's Webmaster if he had power. Look at the line two rows up and there is the true price for the Ruth card, I believe.<br /><br />Sincerely,<br /><br />Cy<br /><br />

Archive
10-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>My webmaster got his electricity back tonight and it now appears everything is correct. Like I mentioned earlier, this is some of the best inventory we have had in years in pre-world war I and pre-world war two baseball cards. If anyone would like a free printed catalog, email us at info@csauctions.com.<br /><br />Thanks much - Steve Verkman<br />www.csauctions.com