PDA

View Full Version : Ted Williams PCL Cards.

Archive
10-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Nate</b><p>I'm a huge Ted Williams enthusiast, and I was wondering, what cards were produced of the Splendid Splinter while he played for San Diego? If anyone out there has any scans, that would also be great....thanks.

Archive
10-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve Dawson</b><p>The only ones I'm aware of are in the 1959 Fleer set. #s 6, 7 & 8 show him as a Padre. Also, #s 4 & 5 show him playing at Hoover High School in San Diego.<br /><br />I also collect Williams cards, as he and my dad went to the same high school (9 years apart).<br /><br />Steve<br />

Archive
10-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Anson</b><p>That's a great question. I was wondering the same about Harry Heilmann

Archive
10-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p>Heilmann is on 1913 and 1915 Zeenuts, I believe. I thought I saw a post where Adam had one.<br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
10-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Posted By: <b>brian p</b><p>Unfortunately no PCL cards exist of Ted Williams from the period of his PCL stint. Zeenuts were still being produced during his days in San Diego, but Collins-McCarthy (the company that produced Zeenuts) was in their final years as a company and by the time the San Diego Padres came into existence had started to pull back from comprehensively depicting the entire PCL and were for the most part concentrating on the Bay Area teams. As a result, they never issued a card of any Padres player.<br /><br />As mentioned, Harry Heilmann has cards in both the 1913 and 1915 Zeenut sets. They are, however, extremely tough to come by and would now probably cost you a chunk of change.<br /><br />Brian

Archive
10-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Nate</b><p>I've been wondering about that for a while now, and now you put my mind at ease. Oh well. Thanks a lot, anyway!!!<br /><br />-Nate