PDA

View Full Version : Equal Time

Archive
10-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Posted By: <b>identify7</b><p>When things do not go well in a transaction between forum members, we hear about it. Rightfully so, because that is a portion of what this board is all about ie. providing information which can help in formulating wise choices. But these transactions become highly visible, and due to that could mislead observers regarding the frequency that things go wrong even among board participants.<br /><br />During the past month I have had several successful transactions with board members and eBay sellers, including:<br /><br />Tim Newcomb - who again gave me an important, uncommon card; and again served as a consultant as well as a seller!<br /><br />Adam Baxter - who reluctantly transferred custodianship of the Baxter Joyce to my safe keeping. I have assured him that his card will enjoy a position of honor in my collection. Again, thank you, Adam<br /><br />John Billingsley - who came up with my fifth w514 (the other four are also from John). Thank you for your continuing supply of real cards, John.<br /><br />Greg Schwartz BOTN - thank you for bringing the existence of black blue tint cards to my awareness. Crazy, fun and still inexpensive.<br /><br />AJ theiceking - who we almost hung until we realized he didn't do anything wrong (except to sell what he offered: Williards which may be, and were, trimmed)<br /><br />Rhys Yeakley - thank you for those M101s from a brewery! Who wouldn't want a brewery back rather than some peddler of other stuff?<br /><br />And thats it for the past month. It was fun because of the friends and contacts I have made here and the training and exposure Ive gotten. Thank you Net 54.

Archive
10-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Marc S.</b><p>In the last month or so - I would send special kudos out to:<br /><br />Don Johnson<br /><br />Jay Wolt<br /><br />Jay Miller<br /><br />Rhys<br /><br />And I'm sure a few others I'm forgetting right now.<br /><br />Marc<br /><br />

Archive
10-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Al Crisafulli</b><p>Jay Wolt goes on the list of "best in the business" every single day. <br /><br />-Al

Archive
10-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>My list of successful deals with board members in the last couple of months (through the board and through ebay):<br /><br />Jay Wolt<br />David York<br />Hal Lewis<br />Don Johnson<br />Bryan Long<br />Mark Tylicki<br />Mike Wolf<br />Andy Baran<br /><br />

Archive
10-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Todd Schultz</b><p>and I would echo the sentiments, but would point out a misspelling, as I believe he had his name officially changed to Jay Wol-t3, in homage to his latest pursuit.

Archive
10-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Bill Stone</b><p>I have had nice transactions with both Leon and Jay Miller this month. As I progress with my T-210 Series 6- efforts it is nice to deal with these and other forum members who have been so helpful.

Archive
10-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Posted By: <b>scott ingold</b><p>Tim Newcomb<br />Tony Andreas<br />Mike P ????? sorry mike can't remember the spelling.<br /><br />Are my trade/selling/buying partners for the past month. All steller transactions.<br /><br />Thanks guy's

Archive
10-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Posted By: <b>will watson</b><p>i had an excellent transaction with Mark McCleary (marcus0202) recently

Archive
10-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Evanov</b><p>Great deal with Jay Miller recently. Thanks Jay!<br><br>Frank

Archive
10-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>Rhett Yeakley

Archive
10-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Posted By: <b>MikeB</b><p>I have had a couple of positve dealings with Bill Cornell.<br />Also, Tom Boblitt is of great assistance when I need help.<br />Mike

Archive
10-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>I would like to publicly thank Jay Miller for letting me put his kid thru college the last couple years.Highly recommended seller and the only person ive had a transaction with recently<br /><br />Tbob is also high on my recommended list,altho i wish he would check with me more before he lists stuff on ebay with low buy it nows!<br /><br />Leon our fearless leader also told me to say hes a good seller and his prices are reasonable.I bought a few cards from him and his policy of charging half price if you pay in bbq ribs is unsurpassed in this hobby

Archive
10-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Anson</b><p>I also have had nothing but positive experiences to this point. My successful internet transactions include deals with <br /><br />Rhett<br />Leon<br />Scott E<br />TBob<br />Dan K<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive
10-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Thanks for chiming in for me. (Checks in the mail) I have had numerous transactions with a multitude of board members and have always had good results....buying, selling, and trading. This is certainly one of the better places (if not best) to acquire cards. Remember, it's always caveat emptor though.......regards all

Archive
10-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Posted By: <b>jim</b><p>Thanks to <br />1. Ted (Blacksox fan) Golden who directed me to this site and for his business.<br />2. Donald Johnson for his business and service to our country. If you had studied harder, you might have passed the NASVAB.<br /><br /><br />Class acts all the way!

Archive
10-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Lyle</b><p>Wesley , Tbob ,Hal and Scott Elkins all of whom were extremely gracious , communicative and trustworthy ...Thanks a lot , guys !

Archive
10-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Nick</b><p>David Vargha for two excellent deals.

Archive
10-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Tim Newcomb</b><p>My thanks to these guys, from whom I've bought, sold, and traded successfully just since the National in July (sorry if I omitted anyone):<br /><br />WOW!!!<br /><br />TBOB!<br />Tim Sedlock<br />Chris Bland<br />Leon L.<br />Scott B.<br />Gil Maines<br />Scott Ingold<br />John Esch<br />Todd Schultz<br />Quan<br />Adam Warshaw (the intentions were good, anyway)<br />Adam Baxter<br />Robert Adesso<br />Scott Elkins<br />Matthew Jackson<br />Rob McKenzie<br />Andy Cook<br />Ben Yourg<br />Eric Peters<br />Jeff McKee<br />Lee Behrens<br />Jay Behrens<br />Zach and Max Rice<br />Colt McLelland<br />Mark Macrae<br />Bob Lemke<br />Brian McQueen<br />Peter Calderon<br />Brian Parker<br />Barry Sloate<br />Michael Clingaman<br />Jimi Thayer