PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Get It

Archive
10-09-2005, 06:04 AM
Posted By: <b>Travis Anderson</b><p>What am I missing here? She says it isn't original (same thing with her other card auctions), yet look at the price...<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8702777418&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8702777418&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1</a><br />

Archive
10-09-2005, 06:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian E.</b><p>Who cares? j/k, sometimes I try to understand things that don't make sense.<br /><br />My observations involving three bidders:<br /><br />1) Shill bidding, possibly encourage by the seller or possibly not<br />2) The first bid appears to be a legit $1 bid<br />3) The leading bidder has bid on a total of three Ebay auctions, all on items from the same seller.<br />4) The 2nd leading bidder has bid on a toal of five Ebay auctions, three of five items from the seller, and one time being a computer, a totally unrelated item.<br /><br />Funny business and probably a violation of Ebay's shill bid policy. It could be the seller themselves with multiple accounts, or friends, or office workers etc...<br /><br />Brian E<br /><br />edited: let me suggest one more explanation, Ebay vigalantes that are tired of the seller and are looking at boosting the seller's final sale price and leave them stranded with the Ebay bill and later negative feedback.

Archive
10-09-2005, 06:33 AM
Posted By: <b>Travis Anderson</b><p>I noticed all of the above, had the same opinion, etc. 1% of my mind, however, kept saying...what if they know something you don't. Look on the back above the Piedmont where the "Reprint" would normally be...there is nothing. Granted, with Photoshop, etc. that would be easy to eliminate. But for newbies like me, it can still leave you wondering, know what I mean?

Archive
10-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Posted By: <b>pete</b><p>when that account was opened? oct 8th, 2005....what a "co-inky-dink"<br><br>my best pitch was the one that made it to the plate!

Archive
10-09-2005, 07:55 AM
Posted By: <b>Chris Mc</b><p>The back of the card looks real. Could be a scan of another card I guess.

Archive
10-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>I take it some changes have been made...

Archive
10-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Item was cancelled. Forgot to mention that I reported is suspected shill bidding to ebay.<br /><br />Brian E. <br /><br />