PDA

View Full Version : What about the cards from this eBay seller???

Archive
10-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Brad Green</b><p><br /><br />Please check out the past and present auctions of eBay seller malady4u.<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&since=30&userid=malady4u&include=0&rows=200&sort=3&completed=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&since=30&userid=malady4u&include=0&rows=200&sort=3&completed=1</a><br /><br />It looks like most of these cards are "reprints", though a few of them have me confused. The seller states that they're not being sold as originals, but he/she has gotten some $100+ bids in the past.<br /><br />Does anyone think that any of these cards are real? Certainly the "private bidder" and low feedback rating of the seller set off red flags. The username itself bothers me. A "malady" is something bad, right?<br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive
10-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>this is seller of repints and nothing else and says so. but there are always people out there hoping the seller is mistaken and thats where sellers such as this clean up. also alot of people just don't read the discription (believe it or not)

Archive
10-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Posted By: <b>pete</b><p>i didnt read one time because i was so excited to see the card i wanted for so cheap, i was begging for someone to outbid me, they finally did and since then i read, read, read, the entire description, rules, shipping, terms, everything...<br />pete-<br><br>my best pitch was the one that made it to the plate!

Archive
10-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Dennis W.</b><p>The scan of the back of the card is a different card - look at the corners and compare both images.

Archive
10-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Brad Green</b><p><br />Dennis:<br /><br />To which card are you referring?<br /><br />Brad<br /><br />

Archive
10-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Posted By: <b>Dennis W.</b><p>The Cobb CJ. It may just be the scan/photo but look at the lower right corner of the back scan. It doesn't look like it matches a corresponding corner on the front scan. They're bogus cards anyway but the seller has made probably a $1000 selling these within the past couple of weeks.

Archive
10-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Posted By: <b>Brad Green</b><p><br /><br />Dennis:<br /><br />It looks to me like the front and back pictures of the Cobb card are of the same card. But, nonetheless, it probably is a reprint.<br /><br />Most of the cards look like fakes. I have seen fakes of Grove's 1934 Goudey and Diamond Stars cards, so I know to be on the lookout for those. (This seller is offering a fake 1934 Goudey for sale...) But I can't say that I've seen fakes of the 1933 Tattoo Orbit card, although they did make reprints are these cards. This seller is offering Grove's 1933 Tattoo Orbit card, though I can't tell beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's a fake. But, if all of the other cards are fakes, then this must be also. After all, he is not selling any of these cards as originals.<br /><br />Brad<br /><br />