PDA

View Full Version : Yet another is about to join the ranks of the 350 club.

Archive
10-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Posted By: <b>identify7</b><p>And it is another pitcher. It seems like pitchers have been continuously putting together 350 win careers since baseball began, while hitters have only been able to maintain a .350 pace during the early part of the 20th century.<br /><br />Is it really easier to win 350 games?<br /><br />Oh, I know: now they are swinging for the fences, Cobb and Jackson = the deadball style of play, Hornsby was the hitting king of the new lively ball + Ruth was the slugging king, but:<br /><br />Is it really easier to win 350 games?

Archive
10-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>NOt anymore. I doubt we will see another pitcher put up wins numbers like Clemens in a very long time. I remember as a kid, there more 300 win pitchers than 3,000 hit batters. Now, it's the other way around and there are new members closing in on the 3000 hit club all the time. Maddux may be the last 300 game winner we will see in a long time.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Archive
10-09-2005, 01:17 AM
Posted By: <b>pete</b><p>pitchers today are lucky to get 10 wins in a year, even if they averaged 15 wins a year thats still 23 years...we may never see it again<br />pete-<br><br>my best pitch was the one that made it to the plate!